Sami Sofia Sneider
As a photographer, documentary filmmaker, and multimedia artist, I aspire to challenge conventions through visual and spoken languages. I seek to photograph soulful expression of our energetic capacity. My further interests are in oceanic conservation, music, human rights, and extreme sports in nature where communities push mind-limits and protect the environment.
I am Latina from Los Angeles, California, with family from México and Argentina. I just graduated from NYU where I studied Photography and Journalism and have returned to Los Angeles to continue documenting stories locally and abroad.
- NYU Tisch Photography & Imaging - Class of 2019
- NYU Journalism - Class of 2019
- 2018 Bedford + Bowery, Published Photo Essay
- 2018 Contributor in LA Yoga Magazine & Blog, February
- 2017 Villa La Pietra Exhibition, Ideas People Change, curated in collaboration with NYU Florence students and Italian artist Fabrizio Ruggiero - Firenze, Italia
- 2015 Exhibitor at Photo LA
- 2014 Exhibitor at Off The Clock Exhibition by APA
- 2014 Scholastic Art Award - Gold Key
- 2013 APA Awards - 3rd Place, Student